Molly Moon's Handmade Ice Cream in Capitol Hill! I picked salted caramel, KMHD got the olive oil , & My Tam got the balsamic strawberry & rosemary meyer lemon flavors. Truthfully, I almost couldn't handle the richness, they are so full of creamy cream! Heavenly! Leigh & I have been messin' with the idea of busting out the ice cream machine and making ice cream all. winter. long. I'd really like to recreate the above-mentioned flavors. Yum! Bookmark Molly Moon's as a "do" whilst in Seattle.


We had to make a stop @ Pike Place Market. Fresh EVERYTHING abounds! We stopped @ PPM on our way to eat dim sum; big mistake. We totally ended up going to Beecher's to get some fresh curds & share a small order of their famous mac n chz. Hot damn.
Obligatory PPM photos:



Beecher's makes magic:

Curds!

My Tam:

I love this photo of four cousins rudely eating mac n chz together. So rude!:

Hello, try Fran's Chocolates! They are President Obama & Michelle's favorites!
The truffles are killer, but I especially love the salted caramels. They are on the pricey side, so cut them into quarters and have a "chocolate/caramel tasting" with 3 of your bestest cousins or pals. I eated the caramels (Hey, I shared them, o.k.?!) before I could get snapshots, but feel free to ogle the truffles.

Add this to your Seattle food to-do list: Thanh Son Tofu! (<---Click the link & read the reviews. All true!) This little Vietnamese shop specializes in fresh tofu, fries tofu, tofu pudding, soy bean milk, and numerous Vietnamese goods. Our favorite is the fried tofu with spring onion. The best late night snack on Earth! You can eat them hot or cold (we prefer cold) with generous amounts of Sriracha.

So one day, we drove down to North Bend, WA to go get a "damn fine cup of coffee" and some cherry pie from the cafe that was in Twin Peaks. I mean, it hardly looks the same as in the movie/series, but it's still worth going out that way because it is gorgeous! We had an Arkansas-sized breakfast to boot. The breakfast was your average diner breakfast with ridiculously huge portions, but the winner was obviously the pie/coffee:






Snoqualmie Falls, which is like around the corner & up the street from the diner:

Damn, there is so much fine food in Seattle. There is no way I can cover all of the food we inhaled. We ate our weight's worth of Indian curry, falafel, dim sum & pho. I guess the local gag is that if one of the staples of your diet is Mexican food, then you will eventually replace that staple with Pho. There are pho shops everywhere, it's terrific! The Motherland beckons!
We've got a running list of farmer's markets & restaurants to try the next time we visit. Maybe next March?

1 comment:
Yumz! Totally looking into that chocolatier... right.now. xoxo.
Post a Comment